- UKCC level 3 senior coach swimming – Achieved 2016
- Surge Strength Dryland Certificate – Achieved 2022
- Level 3 Personal Trainer (strength and Conditioning) certification – Achieved 2021
- Level 2 Personal Trainer Certificate. – Achieved 2020
- Open University – Coaching others to coach (mentoring) – Achieved 2021
- ASA Level 2 Coaching Swimming – Achieved 2013
- ASA Level 1 Coaching Swimming – Achieved 2013
- ASA Level 1 Teaching Aquatics – Achieved 2012
- The Royal School SC – (2016- Present)
- Wombourne Swimming Club Head Coach – (2014-2016)
- Selected by Swim England as group coach DISE training camp Feb 2022 in Dubai
- Selected for Swim England Youth Team to Swedish Grand Prix 2023
- Selected by Swim England for UK Coaching Performance Foundation Support Programme 2019 (only 4 in Great Britain selected)
- Whilst at RWSSC, developed numerous swimmers from Regional to British and Home Nation level swimmers each season. Producing multiple finalists and medallists.
- Coached swimmers to multiple gold medals at regional level
- Helped develop swimmers who have won Olympic Gold & European Junior Championships Gold medals and other swimmers who have represented Great Britain, Poland and Netherlands at various junior international events
- Coached Para swimmer to British title 2019, who has now progressed on to the British Para Swimming Academy squad
- Selected as Skills Coach on National Event camp 2020 & 2021, 2022
- Selected as Head Coach Swim England Phase 1 2019
- Selected as Head Coach of West Midlands Select team 2019 to Amiens (France) Meet. Swimmers 13-18 years
- elected as Head Coach regional Level camps 2018
- Selected for Swim England Phase 3 camps skills coach
- Awarded Scholarship from West Midlands ASA for outstanding performance on development program
Dave ran his own successful sandwich bar and catering business in Wolverhampton city centre for 20 years prior to a career change in 2013. Starting his swimming career as a National level age group swimmer, Dave returned to Masters swimming in 2011, culminating in winning a bronze medal at the British Championships in 2013. He started volunteering at RWS on poolside at this point and realised this was where his future lay.
Starting as Head coach at Wombourne SC, this gave him a platform to develop his own coaching style. In two years from 2014, Wombourne SC developed into a leading Staffordshire club even with very limited pool time. With the RWS NDS squad, Dave has developed multiple swimmers from county into British championship finalists whilst understanding the big picture of continuous long term athlete development.
Extremely driven to be the best coach possible, Dave has been selected for the prestigious Swim England Coach 2028 Coach Development program for coaches being targeted for the next Olympics. Dave is committed and excited to continue the current success and develop the RWS program. The aim is to build the RWS swim program in to a beacon of swimming excellence from the Academy squad through to the Elite squad.
Dave is very much looking forward to the coming seasons where he can pass on his knowledge and expertise to the next generation of exceptional talent at the Royal School Swim Team.